Can't make it to UNGA? We will bring it straight to you.
WEDNESDAY: First up, join Women Deliver and founding partners for a breakfast and high-level dialogue on our new campaign Deliver for Good. The Deliver for Good Campaign is a new global push that applies a gender lens to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promotes 12 critical investments – political, programmatic, and financial – in girls and women to power progress for all. Deliver for Good is mobilizing multi-sector allies to redefine the narrative around girls and women—from victims to critical drivers of progress. This engaging town hall themed event will showcase how Deliver for Good focuses on the whole girl and the whole woman—not just her health needs, her educational needs, or her rights—through an integrated approach across 12 investment areas. We are building a movement to fuel concrete action and implementation of the SDGs at the global and country levels, and we ask you to join us.
THURSDAY: This week, there has been a lot of dialogue about strengthening international support for refugees and migrants. However, girls and women have not been high on the agenda, despite the fact that they make up the majority of refugees and have unique needs. We cannot afford to miss this opportunity to put girls and women at the center of the world’s refugee and migrant response. They are a force for positive change and the key to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals world leaders adopted just one year ago. On Thursday, Women Deliver will be hosting two thought-provoking panels on how to better manage the needs of girls and women fleeing conflict settings.
Thurs, 22 September 11:30am EST
Girl and Women Refugees: How Can We Do Better?
- Her Royal Highness Princess Sarah Zeid of Jordan
- Dr. Alaa Murabit, UN High-Level Commissioner on Health Employment & Economic Growth, Global Goals Advocate, MIT Media Lab Director's Fellow
- Ashely Wolfington, Reproductive Health Advisor, International Rescue Committee
- Chris Temple, Co-Founder of Living on One, Award-Winning Documentary Filmmaker
Thurs, 22 September 2:30pm EST
Putting the Health and Wellbeing of Girls & Women Front and Center of the SDGs
- Pat McCrummen, Sr. Director, Global Community Impact, Johnson & Johnson
- Toyin Sakari, Founder of The Wellbeing Foundation
- Fsahat Ul Hassan, Women Deliver Young Leader and Chairperson of the Youth Advocacy Network in Pakistan