Sai Sai Han Hark
- Age: 21
- | He/him/his
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Each and every single one of us has the responsibility to involve and promote gender equality
- Sai Sai Han Hark
Sai Sai Han Hark was born and raised in Myanmar. He is currently attending the University of Medicine Mandalay, working toward his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Sai Sai is a MY World 2030 Asia Pacific Field Advocate, volunteer teacher at Paung Daw Oo Monastic Education High School, founder of the scholarship mentorship program, and head of the sex education campaign.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Women leaders can rarely be seen in Myanmar, as most of the citizens do not accept women as leaders.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I conducted sex education training to two high schools in Northern Shan State, Myanmar and organized an SDG awareness workshop for university students in Mandalay, Myanmar.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I like playing with babies and gardening.
- Burmese (Advanced/Native)
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Shan (Advanced/Native)
- stigma against HIV/AIDS testing among Burmese youth
- sex workers in Myanmar
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Capacity Building Program
- Youth Development Training
- MY World 2030 Asia Pacific Field Advocacy Program
- LAMP Leadership Program in Japan
- Tolerance and Coexistence Forum in Thailand
- Erasmus Global Partnership Symposium in Thailand
- International Mine Awareness Seminar in Cambodia