- Age: 27
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
In a world where women make up more than 49 percent of the population, it is about time that we, the global community, support women to fulfill their potential in business, medicine, engineering, and across all sectors.
- Nora Aldohan
Nora Aldohan was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. She received a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from Alfaisal University in 2019. Nora is a volunteer with the Ministry of Health, providing medical consultations during COVID-19 response. She has also volunteered at the King Faisal Specialist Hospital World Children’s Day Event, the Saudi Charitable Association for Diabetes Awareness Event, with Habitat for Humanity, and the Alwafaa Charity for Disabled Children Renovation Project.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
As a seven-year-old girl, I had dreams of becoming a world class soccer player. It didn't take long for my dreams to be shattered by gender inequality in my country. Ever since, I have been working hard to prove that there are no limitations to what girls can do. I dedicate my life to prove a point that doesn't need proving so little girls in my country and around the world can score a goal in a field I wasn't allowed to walk on.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
Providing medical services to newly founded women's soccer clubs in Saudi Arabia to encourage women to get involved in the sport in a safe, healthy environment.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I'm an avid sports fan, specifically a hardcore soccer fan. I also enjoy learning and traveling.
- Arabic (Advanced/Native)
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Spanish (Elementary)
- young women's empowerment in the medical field
- sexual harassment in the medical field
- gender inequality in the medical field
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support Provider Certification from the American Heart Association
- Global Business Institute Program at Indiana University
- Middle East Partnership Initiative Leadership Program at Georgetown University and the University of Delaware
- Public Diplomacy Affairs Intern at the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia
- Health Across the Gender Spectrum at Stanford University
- U.S. State Department Sponsorship
- Coca-Cola Sponsorship
- Arab Excellence
- King Abdullah Scholarship for Higher Education