- Age: 28
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
In a world where women make up more than 49 percent of the population, it is about time that we, the global community, support women to fulfill their potential in business, medicine, engineering, and across all sectors.
- Nora Aldohan
Nora Aldohan is a Saudi emergency medicine physician. She has been engaged in emergency medical services during the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteering at the ministry of health to provide healthcare access across the country. Nora is passionate about sports and women empowerment, and is actively supporting women’s sports in Saudi Arabia. She is also pursuing her graduate degree in international healthcare management hoping to change the healthcare sector, one process at a time.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
As a seven-year-old girl, I had dreams of becoming a professional soccer player. It didn't take long for my dreams to be shattered by gender inequality in the sport sector. Ever since, I have been working hard to prove that there are no limitations to what girls can do. I am dedicating my life to prove a point that doesn't need proving, so little girls in my country and around the world can score a goal in a field I wasn't allowed to walk on.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
Providing medical services to newly founded women's soccer teams in Saudi Arabia to encourage women's participation in sports in a safe, healthy environment.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy traveling to learn from different cultures, I have been to 27 countries and cannot wait to add Rwanda to the list.
- Arabic (Advanced/Native)
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Spanish (Elementary)
- Women empowerment in the medical field
- Gender inequality in the medical field
- Women empowerment in sports
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support Provider Certification from the American Heart Association
- Global Business Institute Program at Indiana University
- Middle East Partnership Initiative Leadership Program at Georgetown University and the University of Delaware
- Public Diplomacy Affairs Intern at the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia
- Health Across the Gender Spectrum at Stanford University
- U.S. State Department Sponsorship
- Coca-Cola Sponsorship
- Arab Excellence
- King Abdullah Scholarship for Higher Education