- Age: 25
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Women constitute over 51 percent of my country's population but are earning less and not involved in the decision-making process. For instance, we have about 11 percent of female representatives in the House of Parliament, with men occupying the rest. When women support their fellow women, they stand a better chance of making the necessary changes that will enhance women's empowerment.
- Esther Kamara
Esther Kamara was born and raised in Sierra Leone. She graduated from Hilance International Secondary School. Esther volunteers at the Planned Parenthood Association of Sierra Leone Youth Center, as well as in the Portuguese Town and Brookfields community.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Reading and surfing the internet.
- access to family planning information and services
- women empowerment
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Training on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Certificate on Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Training in Gender Equality and Gender based Violence
- Training on Youth Leadership and inclusion
- Training on HIV/AIDS prevention