Diabetes in Pregnancy: An Epidemic Holding Back Progress
Did you miss the webinar? Watch it here:
We must focus on diabetes in pregnancy to accelerate progress in maternal and newborn health.
While maternal mortality is falling in many parts of the world, it’s not falling fast enough and it’s not falling everywhere. We need to look at the underlying, indirect issues that are under-prioritized — that’s why Women Deliver is putting the spotlight on diabetes in pregnancy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
By bringing together leading experts in a three-part webinar series, Women Deliver will present the emerging evidence base, highlight promising programs, and equip the maternal and newborn health communities with tools to spark greater action for tackling diabetes in pregnancy.
In Part 2: Strategies in Practice, learn about country-level programs that are addressing diabetes in pregnancy across geographies. Esteemed panelists will discuss both successful strategies and experiences confronting challenges.
- Dr. Chandrika Wijeyaratne, Professor in Reproductive Medicine and Endocrinology at the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Heather White, Technical Advisor, Non-communicable Diseases, PSI
- Dr. Zulfiqar Bhutta, Robert Harding Inaugural Chair in Global Child Health at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto; Founding Director of the Centre of Excellence in Women and Child Health, Aga Khan University, Pakistan
- Dr. Anil Kapur, Chairman of the Board, World Diabetes Foundation
- Moderator: Dr. France Donnay
WEBINAR: Diabetes in Pregnancy: An Epidemic Holding Back Progress | Part 1 ➔
INFOGRAPHIC: Diabetes in Pregnancy ➔
INFOGRAPHIC: FIGO Initiative on Diabetes in Pregnancy ➔
POLICY BRIEF: Improve Maternal and Newborn Health and Nutrition ➔
POLICY BRIEF: Ensure Access to Comprehensive Health Services ➔
Header Photo: Jonathan Torgovnik/Getty Images