- Age: 22
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
The power of the youth is more apparent than ever through the impact they made and the initiatives they lead. For that reason, investing time, resources, and expertise in meaningful youth engagement is key to global welfare.
- Salma Zouari
Salma Zouari was born and raised in Tunisia. She is working toward a License in Management Sciences at the Faculty of Economics and Management of Sousse. Salma is a Technovation Challenge Alumnae Network member and Djerba-Ulysse Semi-Marathon volunteer.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
My interest in gender equality originated from personal experiences on a communal level. The potential I see in the girls and women of my community makes me strive for a more gender-equal world that meets the needs and aspirations of both men and women and considers them allies.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
One of the biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality is co-founding StandApp, a mobile app for reporting assaults, with two of my schoolmates. My team and I were 17-year-old girls at the time, and our app took violence cases reported by women, men, children, and adults into consideration.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
In my spare time, I enjoy reading novels, baking, and hanging out with friends.
- Arabic (Advanced/Native)
- English (Advanced/Native)
- French (Advanced/Native)
- German (Elementary)
- sexual harassment in school and work environments
- peacemaking through cultural exchange
- domestic violence against women and children
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Global Solutions Summit attendee (2020)
- Yale Model United Nations Ambassador (2018)
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies from HarvardX
- Certificates of Participation in the International Youth meetings "Youth for Peace- 100 Years after World War I, 100 Ideas for Peace" and "Youth for Peace- Global tools, local action" by the FGYO
- Certificate of Completion by The Technovation Challenge
- Crossroads Virtual Program by Harvard Business School participant