- Age: 30
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Everyone, regardless of their age, race, marital status, economic status, or background, has a right to access quality sexual and reproductive health services and information. Through gender equality, this can be achieved.
- Rehema George
Rehema George was born and raised in Tanzania. She received a Master of Business Administration in Corporate Management from Mzumbe University in 2017. As a Knowledge Management Officer and Country Communications Champion at EngenderHealth, Rehema supports the implementation of country knowledge management, learning, and communication strategy to increase data and information sharing. She is also responsible for writing and sharing of program success stories, stories of impact, best practices, program events, newsletters, public engagements, and managing the internal website for the Tanzania page.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
With gender inequality, the world will still have a lot to work on to ensure every woman and young person has equal access to SRH services and information and their basic needs are met. But with gender equality, the world will be a happy place for everyone.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
Through gathering stories of change from the field in rural areas, I have gotten a chance to meet with a lot of women and young people and change their mindsets regarding negative information surrounding use of contraception and other SRH services and information.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Listening and dancing to music, vacations, and watching movies.
- Swahili (Advanced/Native)
- English (Intermediate)
- EngenderHealth Launches UK-Supported Family Planning Programme with Tanzanian Government
- Transforming lives, one person at a time
- EngenderHealth and Partners Transition Life-Saving Maternal and Reproductive Health Program in Tanzania to Government Ownership
- Reflections on the Tanzania Health Summit 2019
- role of communication in public health advocacy
- women's empowerment
- breaking gender stereotypes and social norms that limit access to SRH
- social inclusion for people living with disabilities
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Global health e-Learning Center Certification in Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance and Statutory Abortion Restrictions (2020)
- Global health e-Learning Center certification in US Abortion and FP Requirements (2020)