Ten Ways Women Deliver Has Delivered
- Developed and launched investment messaging back in 2008, which added the economic case to the moral case for investing in girls’ and women’s health. Within five years, the messaging was ubiquitous, and is now a leading paradigm.
- Was one of the leading forces in the reframing of maternal health from being mainly a women's and a health issue to being a broader societal and development issue, which helped lead to more attention and support from various sectors.
- Provided strategic guidance and communication materials, which helped ensure that sexual and reproductive health, gender equality, and youth were included in the Sustainable Development Goals and the Global Strategy for Women's, Children's and Adolescent's Health.
- Trained and honed the skills of 400 outstanding young advocates across the globe and built an award-winning youth leadership program which keeps growing in reach and effect.
- Created long-term champions for accelerating progress on girls and women in newsrooms around the world, and trained hundreds of journalists to significantly enhance media coverage on the issues.
- Built bridges between the private sector, governments, civil society, and young people, and through the C Exchange, a corporate program that engages business leaders in new efforts to improve the health and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Amplified and instilled girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing, including SRHR into various networks and high-level entities, by serving as an adviser to the World Bank and Clinton Global Initiative and participating in a dozen task forces and advocacy groups.
- Orchestrated a successful advocacy push on the benefits of girls and sports, convening hundreds of organizations through Girl Power in Play, a global symposium and online campaign focused on getting more girls and women involved in sport.
- Fostered connections and partnerships between different groups and issues via the Women Deliver conferences, which are now the largest gatherings on the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women, and hailed as one of “the most significant events for the future of girls and women.”
- Formed a coalition to raise global awareness on 12 investment cases, and the accompanying Deliver for Good advocacy and communication campaign in support gender equality and girls and women.