Applications for the Women Deliver Young Leaders Class of 2020 are Closed
Advocates aged 15-28 are encouraged to apply for the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program.
The award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects passionate young advocates with the platforms, people, and resources to amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. Since its inception, the program has worked with 700 young advocates from 138 countries who are on the front lines of initiatives to advance gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women.
Will you join us in building a more gender-equal world?
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
For more information about the program, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
PROGRAM TIMING: 2020-2022
The next class of Women Deliver Young Leaders will be onboarded in May 2020, and will then have access to the program's platforms, people, and resources. Class of 2020 participants in good standing will also be offered access to scholarships to the Women Deliver 2022 Conference, and upon successful completion of the program, join the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network.
In order to meet the requirements of the program, applicants MUST:
- Be between the ages of 15-28 at the start of the program (1 May 2020)
- Be proficient in English
- Have regular access to email and the internet
- Have access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
We welcome applications from passionate and diverse advocates for gender equality from all across the globe, including applicants:
- From all levels of experience with advocacy work who are committed to advancing gender equality through avenues such as policy change, community organizing, journalism and media, law, academia, research, medical and healthcare provision, and other relevant sectors
- Whose work focuses on sexual and reproductive health and rights or other gender equality issues, such as economic opportunity, political participation, violence prevention, access to education, nutrition, maternal health, climate change, and more
- Who identify as: LGBTQIA+; belonging to an indigenous community; living with a disability; ethnic or religious minorities; living with HIV; forcibly displaced from or within their country; older adolescents ages 15-19; residing in rural areas or secondary cities; or other historically marginalized populations
IN THEIR WORDS
Women Deliver Young Leader Alumni share their reflections on the program:
"It is not easy for young and independent activists to get funding from big foundations to carry out projects at grassroots levels. We are often seen as those who lack experience and skills to manage the projects. Women Deliver believes in young people and our capacity to make change in our communities. They did not just give us money and technical support, but more importantly, they gave us hope and trust. They deliver the true spirit of meaningful youth engagement." —Trang Le, Vietnam
"I am thankful to Women Deliver for the mentorship and continued support that has been extended to me. I have been exposed to the world and gained access to resources that guide me in my work to make the world a better place. I have been provided the opportunity to engage in global spaces, something I did not expect especially coming from my rural home in Eastern Uganda, a region where there are missed opportunities. My future is brighter today because of the investment that Women Deliver made in me, and I am grateful." —Ali Kaviri, Uganda
"The Women Deliver team is like a family who I know I can always count on and who have my best interests in the core of their hearts. It has just been a larger than life experience to know [so many Young Leaders] from different countries around the world who share a common goal — to make a difference in the lives of girls and women. There is no end to how much my fellow Young Leaders have inspired me personally and professionally, be it help with resources, campaign ideas, advocacy updates, speaking opportunities, and more. The Young Leaders have given me strength that no one else could have — we are in this together and we shall bring about change together." —Tanisha Chadha, India
SPREAD THE WORD
Help us reach committed young advocates from around the world. If you know someone who could be a good fit for the program, please share this link with them. You can also help get the word out by sharing a message on social media using our promotional toolkit.