Explore our virtual learning opportunities below. Brush up on the latest data, discover new advocacy tactics, and strengthen your skills to become a better champion for girls and women.
Grounding Health Systems in Gender Equality to Achieve Universal Health Coverage
Recorded in May 2020, this webinar highlights opportunities to sustain momentum and action for gender equality in Universal Health Coverage (UHC), examine progress in building UHC systems that prioritize gender equality, and emphasize how health systems grounded in gender-responsive UHC – inclusive of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) – are stronger and more resilient for the long term.
- Dr. Princess Nothemba (Nono) Simelela; Special Adviser to the Director-General, Strategic Programmatic Priorities, World Health Organization
- Ms. Rosario Valdes Fernandez; President, Sindika Foundation and midwife, Chile
- Dr. Lia Tadesse; Minister of Health, Ethiopia
- Mr. Arush Lal; Board of Directors, Women in Global Health
- Ms. Patricia Nudi Orawo; Advocacy and Policy Lead, Kisumu Medical and Education Trust (KMET), Kenya
- Moderated by Deepa; Director, Sama Resource Group for Women and Health, India
Global Health Security: Delivered by Women Deliver During COVID-19 and Beyond
This webinar highlights perspectives on a people-centric and human rights-based approach to health security that is focused on delivering health for all through stronger health systems, a properly equipped and financed health workforce, and responding to health crises while maintaining core women’s health services. Speakers shared recommendations and actions to propel advocacy to support investments in and commitments to women in the health workforce.
- Michèle Boccoz, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Howard Catton, International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- Dr. Gvantsa Khizanishvili, Tbilisi City Manager of the City Cancer Challenge (C/Can) (Georgia)
- Opening remarks from Sarah Hillware, Women in Global Health
- Closing remarks from Susan Papp, Women Deliver
- Moderated by Mwenya Kasonde, Gender Equity Hub and Women in Global Health
No 'Health for All' without Gender Equality: Sustaining Momentum on Girls' and Women's Rights in UHC
This webinar features advocates and leaders from organizations on the frontlines of upholding gender equality sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in Universal Health Coverage (UHC). Speakers share experiences, best practices, and tools to inspire and guide advocacy in global and national contexts.
- Eleanor Blomstrom, IWHC
- SM Shaikat, SERAC-Bangladesh
- Faridah Luyiga Mwanje, White Ribbon Alliance
- Deepa, Sama Resource Group
- Courtney Carson, Women Deliver
Going Global - Advocating for More Localized & Feminist Humanitarian Action
This webinar is designed for grassroots civil society organizations to learn and share best practices for advocacy on the global stage – including during COVID-19, when international travel is limited. Speakers share tips for crafting advocacy messages, pushing for meaningful engagement, and networking at conferences to effectively drive more localized and feminist humanitarian action.
- Kristina Mader, NGO Working Group on Women, Peace, and Security
- Diana Abou Abbas, Marsa Sexual Health Center (Lebanon)
- Marcy Hersh, Women Deliver
- Aanjalie Roane, Women Deliver
Storytelling with a Gender Lens for Humanitarian Advocacy
This webinar offers storytelling techniques for advocacy in humanitarian crises, specifically focusing on respectful, safe, and effective methods for sharing the lived experiences of girls and women in a way that promotes their agency, without highlighting victimization or risking re-traumatization.
- Aanjalie Roane, Women Deliver
- Sue Mbaya, Crisis Action
- Elizabeth Ashamu Deng, Oxfam (Horn, East and Central Africa Region)
- Olivia Nightingale, American Jewish World Service
Gender Data: Why and How to Use Gender Statistics to Propel Your Advocacy
This webinar equips advocates with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to use gender data to drive progress for girls and women. Hear from experts on the need and importance of gender statistics, in addition to best practices on finding, collecting, and effectively leveraging gender data in advocacy.
- Susan Papp, Women Deliver
- Nina Rabinovitch Blecker, Data2X
- Gaëlle Ferrant, OECD
- Alison Holder, Equal Measures 2030
- Albert Motivans, Equal Measures 2030
Power to the People: How to Promote Citizen-Led Accountability
Meaningful community engagement and citizen-led accountability can be powerful tools for inclusive, rights-based progress. However, building the room and political will for these processes can be challenging. This webinar features local, national, and regional leaders dedicated to bringing the voices of the people to policy decision-making – to ultimately hold governments accountable to addressing the needs and realities of girls and women.
- Rachel Wilson, Catalysts for Change
- Frank Ategeka, Rural Aid Foundation Uganda
- Dr. Aparajita Gogoi, Centre for Catalyzing Change and White Ribbon Alliance India
- Chris Lunch, InsightShare
- Angel Del Valle, Population Council Guatemala
El Poder Para El Pueblo
Estos webinarios del Advocacy Academy contarán con presentaciones de líderes de iniciativas locales, nacionales y regionales para llevar las voces del pueblo a las decisiones sobre la política, y para hacer a los gobiernos responsables de tener en cuenta las necesidades y las realidades de mujeres y niñas.
Pouvoir Au Peuple
Ce webinaire en français mettra en vedette des responsables d’initiatives locales, nationales et régionales visant à faire entendre la voix de la population lors de la prise de décisions, et à tenir les gouvernements redevables aux besoins et réalités des filles et des femmes.