Program Assistant, Deliver for Good
Location: New York City
Posted: May 15, 2020
Priority Deadline: May 30, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment — political and financial — in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Powered by Women Deliver, Deliver for Good is a global Campaign that applies a gender lens to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promotes 12 critical investments in girls and women to power progress for all. The evidence-based advocacy Campaign calls for better policies, programming, and investments in girls and women. The campaign was launched at the global level in 2016, with national campaign pilots in Kenya and Senegal launched thereafter.
Summary of the Position:
This position is for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of the dynamic Deliver for Good Campaign team. The Deliver for Good Program Assistant supports all operational aspects of the Campaign and team and provides direct administrative and program support to the Deliver for Good Campaign team. The Program Assistant reports to the Deliver for Good Senior Manager and works closely with other members of the Deliver for Good team as well as the broader Women Deliver Policy and Advocacy team and other departments within Women Deliver.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for the Deliver for Good workstream, including assisting in coordinating operations alongside the Senior Manager, and implementing and refining systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, such as budget and work plan trackers, team calendars, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and indicator trackers, and internal review processes.
- Supports the Deliver for Good Senior Manager and team members with partnership management, maintaining and supporting the global Campaign’s Partners, Allies, and Business Ally Networks, and updating knowledge management systems.
- Supports regular donor reporting and provides logistical support to grant and sub-grant administration, including for compliance.
- Supports country pilot campaigns, including but not limited to, monitoring and reporting, coordinating sponsored delegates travel and support, and working with other programs as needed.
- Assists with meeting and event planning (both domestic and international), as relates to Deliver for Good Advocacy engagements and high-level global moments, including but not limited to, working with staff, consultants and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans, venue, logistics, and travel coordination and support as needed.
- Assists with coordinating Deliver for Good partner and team travel and completing expense reports and invoicing.
- Assists in scheduling calls and meetings, developing agendas, talking points and preparing presentations, as well as preparing meeting notes.
- Supports with desk research needs and background research for meetings, briefing notes, background materials, and other operational and advocacy materials.
- Supports with Salesforce and serves as a liaison to the Finance and Administration team related to budgeting, expenses, and other administrative matters.
- Supports media monitoring and keeps apprised of evidence and case studies related to Deliver for Good’s advocacy issues.
- Executes regular internal coordination duties with other programs, including the Policy & Advocacy program at large.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 0-2 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in a similar role.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong oral and written (writing, reading, proofreading) communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with knowledge management and databases.
- Passion for gender equality, global development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and other issues related to gender equality and girls’ and women’s health and rights.
- Experience working on advocacy campaigns, partnerships, or coalitions a plus.
- Experience supporting grant administration (compliance, reporting, monitoring, evaluation and learning, donor reporting) a plus.
- Experience handling international travel via a third party vendor preferred.
- Experience with event planning – logistics, execution, and vendor coordination preferred.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Box a plus.
- Native or advanced French language skills preferred.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.