New York, NY, 22 June 2021 | Women Deliver — a global advocate for gender equality and girls’ and women’s health and rights — is proud to announce the creation of the 2021-2022 Young Leader Program Alumni Committee.
Fifteen Young Leader Alumni, selected from the classes of 2013, 2016, and 2018 will play an integral role in key decision-making for the Program as well as help Women Deliver re-engage with Young Leader Alumni. The goal of the Alumni Committee is to actively and meaningfully contribute to the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program and its current class of Young Leaders while creating opportunities for Alumni leadership.
The Alumni Committee strives to ensure that:
- Young Leaders can transition into Alumni leadership roles upon completion of the Young Leaders Program.
- Young Leaders can advise young people’s engagement in the global movements for sexual and reproductive health and rights and gender equality.
- Alumni have opportunities to share knowledge and capacity, especially in activities and offerings related to the Young Leaders Program.
- Alumni voices and perspectives positively contribute to Women Deliver Young Leaders Program outcomes and impact.
- Young Leaders and Alumni foster connections to support one another through technical support, advocacy expertise, and networking.
Congratulations to the 2021-2022 Alumni Committee:
About Women Deliver: Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women, in all their intersecting identities. Our advocacy drives investment — political and financial — in the lives of girls and women. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives.
Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects passionate young advocates with the platforms, people, and resources to amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. The program has reached 1,000 young advocates from 148 countries.