Trang Nguyen Ha
- Age: 29
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Young people should not be seen as beneficiaries but change actors. Women should not be seen as passive and weak but powerful and resilient. We should be empowered to create our own stories without being subject to society's prejudices.
- Trang Nguyen Ha
Ha-Trang Nguyen was born and raised in Vietnam. She received a Master’s degree in Development Studies from the University of Melbourne in 2023. As a Gender Field Officer at the Research Center for Gender, Family, and Environment in Development, Trang works to promote gender-responsive education in Vietnamese schools for ethnic minorities. She is responsible for training school leaders and teachers, producing hands-on support to integrate gender responsiveness into their teaching and learning environment, and working with parents for equal treatment of sexes. As a Founder and Campaign Manager of YChange, a youth organization working towards gender equality and women’s human rights, Trang conducts research on dating violence, campaigns against sexual violence, and provides training on gender and women’s human rights for youth.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
My personal experience as a woman and as a confidant of other women has pushed me to be a gender advocate.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I initiated a digital media campaign called “Dua Thi Phai Vui” (“Your Jokes Are Not Funny”), which focused on building capacity for the community as active bystanders against sexual violence. The platform now has more than 30,000 followers.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy watching movies and listening to music.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Vietnamese (Advanced/Native)
- rape culture
- dating violence among young people
- gender-responsive education
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Delegate of YSEALI Generation Workshop: Advancing Gender Equality Program (2019)
- Certificate of Youth Advocacy Institute by Asia Safe Abortion Partnership (2018)
- Certificate of Initiative for No More Campaign in Vietnam (2017)
- Certificate of Active Contributor of Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) for the Youth (2016)
- Certificate of Program Completion: Contemporary Perspectives on Social Policy, Education, Family, and Development by Ochanomizu University in Japan (September 2015)