Tariro Loice Nyamuda
- Age: 26
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Young people, it's now or never. Your civic participation now is the ultimate key in reshaping and building a sustainable future for you and the generations to come. Get involved now!
- Tariro Loice Nyamuda
Tariro Loice Nyamuda was born and raised in Zimbabwe. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies from Midlands State University in 2019. As a Programs volunteer at Organizing for Zimbabwe Trust, Tariro Loice is responsible for producing research-based, development-orientated articles and conducting research on sexual reproductive health and youth participation issues. She is the campaign ambassador for the My Health My Dignity Menstrual Campaign. She is also a Co-founder of Youth for Sustainable Development Africa, a youth-led organization.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Growing up in a patriarchal family, I witnessed gender-based comments that were directed at girls and women that they would never make it in life and that we were bound to follow the lead of our brothers. At one point, a family member told me that I should never make a decision without my younger brother's consent. I made a decision from that day that I wanted equal treatment.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
My biggest wins as an advocate was being the My Health My Dignity menstrual health campaign Ambassador. The campaign research findings and recommendations were presented at the University of Zimbabwe health seminar.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Reading and traveling.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Shona (Advanced/Native)
- menstrual health
- youth participation and leadership
- safe abortion
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- AIDS Foundation of Southern Africa Technology and Innovation for SRHR Advocacy Certification
- Africa University and YETT Youth Leadership Development Certification
- World Children Prize and Shamwari
- YeMwanasikana Child Rights Ambassador Certification
- Human Rights and Leadership Course
- AIDS Alliance of Southern Africa
- Dr. V Matunhu and Family Prize in Community Health Studies Award
- My Health My Dignity Menstrual Health Campaign Ambassador