- Age: 30
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
International solidarity is the key to overcoming the deep rooted gender inequalities existing across the globe.
- Rachael Stockdale
Rachael Stockdale was born and raised in Ireland. She is currently working toward her PhD in queer identities in women’s writing of the fin de siècle’ at Queen’s University Belfast. Rachael is a member of the Queen’s University Belfast LGBTQ+ Focused Research Network, No Hate Speech Network member, Deafblind UK volunteer, National Deaf Children’s Society volunteer, and member of the International Falcon Movement – Socialist Educational International Feminist Network.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Seeing the strength and resilience of role models who came before me.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
When marriage equality and legalized abortion finally became a reality across the island of Ireland after many years of campaigning.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Learning languages and studying different cultures, most recently British Sign Language and deaf culture. Campaigning and engaging in activism, especially showing solidarity to others as an ally. Gardening and volunteering.
- British Sign Language
- LGBTQ+ rights
- conflict and post-conflict societies
- language rights (including indigenous languages and sign languages)
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- International Delegate of the Youth Peace Initiative's Middle Eastern Peace Process Conference (2020)
- Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) Summer Programme Delegate (2020)
- Emily Sarah Montgomery Scholarship (2019)
- Santander Mobility Award (2018)
- Bourse doctorale de l’ADEFFI (Association des études françaises et francophones d’Irlande) (2018)
- The William & Betty MacQuitty Scholarship (2016)
- BA, MA, and PhD at Queen's University Belfast
- Youth Worker Qualifications including YouthPass for various Erasmus+ Youth in Action and Council of Europe projects
- British Sign Language Communication NVQ Level 3
- Athena SWAN Charter Mentorship
- International Thorvald Stoltenberg Seminar