Pauline Faith Gartor
- Age: 27
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
True justice is served when girls and women make choices that affect their bodies and societies have a stand, voice, and position in the governance system and development processes at all levels.
- Pauline Faith Gartor
Pauline Faith Gartor was born and raised in Liberia. She received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Liberia in 2020. Pauline is the Executive Director-Girls Health Alliance, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Research volunteer with Plan International Girls Led Research Project, Chairperson of the National Children and Youth Advisory boardof Liberia, Grassroots Organizer with the United Methodist Human Rights Department, and Girls Advocacy Alliance Ambassador.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
The needless death of my best friend from an unsafe abortion in addition to my beloved mother’s death from curable disease had always saddened me until I started advocating for gender equality. My late friend could not live to complete her studies and live a purposeful life.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
As lead champion of Girls Advocacy Alliance Project at Plan International, I generated measurable results in five local communities in Monrovia through school-based campaign among school-aged girls. The project helped reduce the prevalence of teenage pregnancy by 55 percent over the last two years in the five schools.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Swimming in the pool, reading, debate, dancing, and working out.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- youth-friendly SRHR services
- adolescent health
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Girls Advocacy Alliance Ambassador (2017-2021)
- Plan International Global Youth Meet-up Fellow (2019)
- Plan International Youth Delegate at International Conference on Population and Development in Nairobi, Kenya (2019)
- Mano River Child Rights Defenders Award (2018)
- Bachelors of Science in Biology from University of Liberia, Sexual Reproductive Health Rights Research Certificate from Plan International
- Gender Identity Social Media Advocacy Certificate from Plan International
- Policy Lobby Strategies Certificate
- Tracking SDGs Progress Certificate from Plan International and DCI Liberia