Neil Fidelle Lomibao
- Age: 28
- | He/him/his
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
In everything that we do and every action we take, we should always remember to leave no one behind.
- Neil Fidelle Lomibao
Neil Fidelle Lomibao was born and raised in the Philippines. He received a Master of Science in Innovation and Business from the Asian Institute of Management in 2018. As a Regulatory and Research and Development Officer at Messy Bessy Cleaners, Neil is responsible for ensuring compliance in all government and licensing activities and conceptualizing formulations for new or pipelined products to be released to the market. As a Lecturer at Brex Pharmacy Review, he facilitates review classes for undergraduate students in the Philippines preparing for the pharmacist licensure examination. Additionally, Neil is a Chairperson on the UN Youth Advisory boardand ICPD 25×25 Young Leader.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
I was raised in a very conservative and religious community where there are specific roles for men and women. I saw young girls getting pregnant at the age of 10, LGBT members being discriminated, and myself being confined in my role to truly become a man.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I was able to lobby to the Philippine Government for the passage of the Reproductive Health Law, which enables Filipinos to access comprehensive sexually education, family planning methods, and SRHR support. Also during the ICPD25 in Nairobi, I was able to persuade the Philippine Government to prioritize the issue of teenage pregnancy in the Philippines. The Socioeconomic Secretary of the Philippines edited their commitment during the Nairobi Summit to make sure that the Philippines will sustain our track in closing the gender equality gap in the country.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I cook and discover new food, watch movies, or visit the beach.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Filipino (Advanced/Native)
- What touring the Philippines taught me about sexual health in the country
- Neil Lomibao: On Preparing the Next Generation for a Competitive Global Economy
- Anti-inflammatory potential of Ficus pseudopalma Blanco (Niyog-niyogan) leaf ethanolic fraction phytochemicals on the chorioallantoic membrane of 10-day old Anas luzonica (duck) eggs
- youth participation in the context of rural and developing areas
- health technology innovation to increase access to healthcare
- health policy and economic development for low- and middle-income countries
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Registered Pharmacist
- Innovation Management Level 1: Innovation Associate
- Innovation Management Level 2: Innovation Master
- ICPD 25x25 Young Leader – SheDecides