Emma (Sofie) Lindquist
- Age: 27
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
We can feel the change in the wind, blowing to create democracy, equality, and protection for our planet. Young people are stepping up for what they believe in. It is time for us to stand with them and together claim the progress our societies need.
- Emma (Sofie) Lindquist
Sofie Lindquist was born and raised in Sweden. She is currently working as an Environmental- and Health controller for the local governance in a Swedish municipality.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Sofie enjoys spending time in nature with an interesting podcast that keeps her company. She loves to learn about new things, it does not matter if it is about science, languages, cultures or anything else, she just finds it calming.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I held a seminar for a local organization working with peace building, where I presented my result from my study in Mozambique. This study focused on how young people experience climate change in the capital of Mozambique Maputo. I consider this a win because people got really engaged in the question and wanted me to come back and discuss it more. I believe this was an important step in acknowledging climate issues in different parts of the world and how experiences can differ.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Horses have always been one of my biggest interests and the stable is where I reflect and breathe. I also love to engage in different cultures and new languages. Swahili and Korean are the languages I'm trying to learn right now.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Swedish (Advanced/Native)
- German (Elementary)
- climate change in the eyes of young people
- environmental threats and opportunities to inclusion
- sustainability and law framework
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Adlerbertska stipendier- Fellowship from the Adleberska foundation
- Geografiska Föreningen i Göteborg- Fellowship from the Geographical Association in Gothenburg
- Fuf Internship program
- Economic history course at University of Gothenburg
- Security training for handling emergencies and crises in high-risk areas