- Age: 24
- | He/him/his
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
The world now has more young people than ever before in human history. Today’s generation of young people is a major force for social, economic, and demographic change, and their meaningful participation at all levels is fundamental to creating a peaceful and prosperous society.
- Damilola Babatunde
Damilola Babatunde is a Peacebuilder and Gender Equality Advocate. As the Founder and Executive Director of Young Changemakers Foundation, Damilola oversees the administration, programs, advocacy, communication, management, training, core operations— as well as the design, development, and implementation of strategic plans for the organization. He is passionate and engaged with peacebuilding, gender equality and international development. He has worked with several local and international organizations to design and implement diverse social impact projects and initiatives. He is a fellow of several prestigious global programs and has been awarded numerous grants. He has also participated in several consultation meetings with organizations such as the World Health Organization, among others.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
I am an advocate for gender equality because I understand that peace and sustainable development cannot be achieved if women's rights are constantly being violated.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I led Track VAPP Oyo— a policy advocacy project that was focused on influencing government officials and non-state actors to take concrete actions towards the effective implementation of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) law— a law focused on protecting vulnerable people, especially women and girls from all forms of violence.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Traveling, reading, visiting new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new cultures.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- Yoruba (Advanced/Native)
- French (Elementary)
- Spanish (Elementary)
- Young Changemakers Foundation Calls For Effective Implementation Of The VAPP Law in Nigeria 一 Damilola Babatunde and Kawthar Salahudeen
- Learn more about Damilola Babatunde
- Show Them the Money: The Case for Funding Youth Advocates
- Towards Universal Health Coverage: An Analysis of the Health Insurance Coverage in Nigeria
- Gender Equality
- Youth Leadership and Inclusion
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- One Young World Ambassador (2022)
- ONE Champion (2022)
- QCT Young Leader (2022)
- IEP Ambassador (2020)
- United Nations Academic Impact Millennium Fellow (2019)
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Generation Change Fellow (2019)