Senior Associate, Office of the President
Location: New York City
Posted: April 2020
Priority Deadline: June 1, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
Senior Associate, Office of the President (OOP) ensures smooth, effective, and strategic operations for the CEO and is primarily responsible for running the OOP, ensuring the CEO’s time is managed effectively, and that the CEO is prepared for all internal and external meetings. The Senior Associate works closely with members of the senior team, including COO, Communications, and Policy & Advocacy, serving as a liaison for internal and external programmatic and operational projects. The Senior Associate manages the Assistant, OOP, Intern, OOP, liaises closely with Content Writer, OOP, and reports directly to the CEO with a dotted line to the COO.
* Women Deliver would consider hiring at a Manager level based on qualification and experience (6-8 years)
- OOP Operations:
- Oversee the OOP activities including strategic scheduling, staffing, meeting prep, content development, CEO communications, board support, and the development of appropriate OOP systems and processes.
- Operate as a strategic thought partner to the CEO and work in concert with senior staff to identify and navigate opportunities and challenges.
- Oversee the CEO’s calendar strategy to reflect strategic priorities and help in effective management of their time toward achieving goals, including the coordination of invitations & speaking opportunities.
- Proactive design and implementation of processes, templates, and systems that create efficiency both for the organization and the CEO.
- Manage and mentor the OPP Assistant and Intern, ensuring seamless support and coverage to the CEO and key priorities.
- Partner with the OOP Content Writer, ensuring seamless support and coverage to the CEO and key priorities.
- Support Coordination Team operations together with Assistant, OOP.
- Meeting Preparation & Support:
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for all internal and external meetings through oversight and organization of all briefing memos, remarks, and additional collateral, coordinating across departments, and anticipating needs and strategizing solutions.
- Serve as liaison between the CEO and other departments, managing projects regarding the CEO’s external presence: attend meetings, develop agendas, record minutes, maintain records, monitor action items and follow-up.
- Oversee compilation of subject matter research and background information on meeting participants.
- Attend and provide appropriate support to the CEO as needed for meetings/conferences/events – traveling with the CEO as required.
- Support Coordination Team Meetings in the development of meeting agendas and notes.
- CEO & OOP Communications & Content Development:
- Work closely with OOP Content Writer to ensure timely development of talking points and liaise with the Communications and Policy & Advocacy teams as appropriate related to talking points, speeches, and other presentation needs.
- Manage information flow, ensuring follow up with and engagement of appropriate staff.
- Draft trip reports and briefing notes on behalf of the CEO.
- Draft organizational emails, memos, and notes on behalf of the CEO when required.
- Assist the CEO in the development of research, reports, presentations, and publications as needed.
- OOP Special Projects:
- Board meeting preparation: edit and coordinate reports, assist with board meeting prep, and other duties as needed.
- Support the President/CEO in preparation for WD2022 and throughout development and execution of strategic engagement plan.
- Complete special projects as required.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Commitment to Women Deliver’s mission, purpose, and values.
- BA/BS required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 4-6 years of related, progressively responsible work experience.
- Experience in support of executive/senior managers faced with the challenge of prioritizing their time in a complex, faced-paced environment.
- Experience in policy, advocacy, and communications.
- Substantive knowledge base in the global health, gender equality, or SRHR space.
- Deep understanding of the cross-sector development ecosystem.
- Must be highly organized, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Experienced in project management and the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with frequently shifting priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Solutions-oriented approach with strong analytical/reasoning skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work proactively and independently, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines.
- Dependability, diplomacy, and a sense of humor are necessary.
- Flexibility related to schedule.
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into a strategic schedule.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.