Request for Proposals for Production Management – Women Deliver 6th Global Conference, 2022
Posted: May 2020
Priority Deadline: May 29, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST (rolling review thereafter)
Women Deliver is pleased to invite your organization to submit a proposal for production management at our Women Deliver 6th Global Conference in 2022 (WD2022). The following information is provided to assist you with the preparation of a proposal for consideration.
Women Deliver is in communication with three finalist destinations being considered to host our 2022 conference. Preliminary discussions are currently underway and a hold has been placed on all required space at the Convention Centre in each location. The exact dates of the conference are yet to be determined and will be dependent on the chosen location. For the purposes of this RFP, we will assume late February through late June period of 2022.
Submission Deadlines & Enquiries
Submissions must be received by email, no later than Friday, May 29th at 5 p.m. EST.
No submissions will be considered after the appointed deadline.
Submissions must be emailed to WD2022@womendeliver.org and contain:
- Short profile presentation of your company, including ownership, legal structure, years in operation, use of sub-contractors (if applicable), etc.
- Track record of events of similar size and complexity, with three references that we can contact
- Project timeline with key tasks
- Proposed staffing plan
- Budget proposal
- Needs for technical supplies (rigging, power, etc.) and AV components not included in your proposal. These will be coordinated with venue and associated suppliers as directed by the venue.
- All prices should be quoted in USD and include any applicable taxes
Requests for further information or clarification of requirements may be directed to:
Cara Bronander, Conference Associate – email@example.com. Your completed proposal will be reviewed upon receipt.
Brief History of our Global Conference
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate for gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women, with a particular focus on maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights. We build capacity, share solutions, and forge partnerships- together creating coalitions, communication, and action that spark political commitment and investment in girls and women.
Every three years, Women Deliver hosts a 3+ day global conference on gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women; our 2019 conference (WD2019) was the largest gathering on these issues in more than a decade. During WD2019, 8,008 of us gathered in Vancouver, Canada — with more than 200,000 others joining remotely — world leaders and youth leaders, frontline changemakers and social entrepreneurs, activists, advocates, and academics came together to drive progress on gender equality through the lens of power. To get inspired, please see the WD2019 Website, video, and Conference Report.
- 2007 London, 2,000 delegates
- 2010 Washington, 3,400 delegates
- 2013 Kuala Lumpur, 4,500 delegates
- 2016 Copenhagen, 5,700 delegates
- 2019 Vancouver, 8,000 delegates
Attendance at Women Deliver 6th Global Conference: In 2022, we expect 6,000-8,000 delegates from more than 150 countries:
- 2,500 Organizations
- 1,200 Young People
- 500 Journalists
- Private sector representatives from multiple industries
- Heads of UN agencies, Heads of State, and senior government representatives, including ministers and parliamentarians from 50+ countries
- CEOs, Ambassadors, VIPs, and royals
Although the format at this stage should be regarded as flexible, the following may be used as a guideline for initial planning purposes:
- 3 conference days, plus two days prior for pre-conferences, workshops, and meetings
- 3 days of exhibition (during the conference) referred to as the “Fueling Station”
- Other events with production needs outside of conference programming include: VIP reception, Opening Ceremony, Culture Night (developed and hosted by the host city), and Closing Ceremony
- 1-2 days build and post-conference break down
Please find the full schedule of events for the 2019 Conference here: https://wd2019.org/schedule/
Scope of Work
Additional services and deliverables beyond those described in this scope of work may be added as an addendum mutually agreed upon at a later date. Women Deliver has an in-house communications and graphics team that will serve as focal on the overall branding and look and feel. Implementation of these brand and thematic concepts will be with the production firm.
Services to be provided:
- Create a staffing plan and relevant training
- Create a staffing plan for both pre-conference lead up and onsite, including Management, Experiential Design, Technical, Logistical, Programming Management, Security, Volunteers, and Breakouts, etc.
- Plan and execute Women Deliver and hired staff training for security, contingency, key functions, venue, onsite briefings, etc.
- Vetting vendor selection process for PCO and other key vendors
- Execute merchandising strategy and procurement [Women Deliver to provide designs]
- Registration and credentialing strategy [outside of PCO implementation]
- Liaison for PCO and expo builder on behalf of Women Deliver
- Liaison for local permits
- Recruit, coordinate scheduling, and train volunteer force for Conference days
- Draft initial design and technical layouts of all programmatic and functional spaces, and consult with WD for flow, look and feel. Including but not limited to: stages, studios, workshops, screenings, networking zones.
- OPTIONAL: Press logistics (onsite) advance, including but not limited to press conferences, interview rooms, press room, riser, and lighting for cameras, etc.
- Create initial design and technical plans including, but not limited to: lighting, audio, video, scenic/structural build, and rigging
- Consult with WD and venue on branding and build plans
- Production of venue signage in accordance with brand guidelines
- Communicate event style guide, scenic and thematic concepts with vendors as defined by Women Deliver
- Coordination of load-in and load-out activities for all vendors, exhibitors, organizers, and staff
- Plenary program management
- Rehearsal scheduling and running
- Develop Run of Show
- Producer/Show Manager/Show caller/Voice of God
- Talent coordination and green room management
- Managing interpretation and translation
- AV and technical architecture and direction
- Ancillary Program Management (Concurrent program and Fueling Station program)
- AV and technical architecture and direction
- Managing interpretation and translation
- Protocol Management
- Protocol scheduling (optional)
- Protocol liaisons
- Seating manifests
- Holding rooms, official bilateral staffing, and room management
- Coordination with Logistical Officers
- Security management [Optional: can bid directly or include a sub-contractor]
- Security liaison
- Crowd control and flow
- Management of security for delegates, VIPs, and physical space
- Security monitoring and communication of security assessments to partners
Please provide a project timeline that corresponds to the scope of work and your proposed staffing needs. The timeline should also include milestones such as launch dates, site visits, and major content deliverables.
Proposed Staffing Plan and Budget Proposal
Please indicate the fee model (flat, daily, or hourly) and the number of working hours/days associated with each staff role. Include estimated fees for trips (flights, accommodation, per diem, etc.) if any travel to the site in TBD is recommended. Please also include the foreign language expertise of key staff (Spanish, French, or other).
Please specify any needs for technical supplies and components not included in your proposal. These will be coordinated with venue and associated suppliers as directed by the venue. Including but not limited to:
- IT and Wifi
- Translation and Interpreters
- Technical Build and Operation
- Local Permits
Evaluation and Contracting
The contract, if any, shall be awarded to the responsible firm whose proposal is most advantageous to Women Deliver, based on an evaluation of the information required by this RFP. Women Deliver may at its sole discretion select the response that best fits its needs. A selection committee will evaluate the responses based on established criteria, including compliance with the directions herein, experience, qualifications, cost, the financial position of the company, and other factors as stated in this RFP. If selected, the successful firm will enter into a written agreement with Women Deliver that will include service and compensation terms.
All information in this RFP should, for purposes of this RFP, be considered proprietary and confidential. Information contained in this RFP should not be shared or distributed without the expressed written consent of Women Deliver.
We look forward to receiving your proposal and learning more about your production services.
How to Apply
Submissions must be received no later than Friday, May 29th at 5 p.m. EST. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No submissions will be considered after the deadline.