Program Assistant, Youth Engagement
Location: New York City
Posted: April 2020
Priority Deadline: May 1, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s dynamic Youth Engagement Team. The Assistant supports all logistical aspects of Women Deliver’s global youth efforts, including the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program and Women Deliver Conference.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for Women Deliver’s Youth Engagement work, including administrative support to the Director of Youth Engagement and Senior Manager.
- Supports internal communications to Young Leaders, including managing the email@example.com account and drafting updates and resources for Young Leaders via email or Mighty Networks.
- Assists in scheduling and setting up calls and meetings (in person and on Zoom/Skype), planning team retreats and offsites, completing expense reports, and drafting meeting notes, presentations, and other materials, including facilitating the weekly Youth Engagement Team meeting and agenda development.
- Assists with domestic and international meeting and event planning, including but not limited to, working with staff, consultants, Young Leaders, Women Deliver’s Youth Engagement Working Group, and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans, agendas, and travel logistics.
- Coordinates Young Leader logistics for Speakers Bureau sponsored opportunities. Supports the management of the Youth Engagement Team’s annual workplan, including its ties to donor deliverables, indicator tracking, and appropriate budget allocation.
- Supports Salesforce and serves as liaison to the Finance and Accounting team related to budgeting, expenses, and other administrative matters.
- Manages special projects, including but not limited to, youth-related logistics related to the Women Deliver Conference, which includes providing and tracking Young Leader sponsorship, maintaining records of travel and planned participation, and managing logistics related to youth-forward programming and other youth engagement activities.
- Assists in Women Deliver Young Leaders Program activities, including onboarding and start-up activities of each new class of Women Deliver Young Leaders and supporting implementation and collating survey data from Young Leaders and Alumni.
- Provides general support to other Youth Engagement Team members as needed to ensure the Young Leaders Program runs smoothly & effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 0-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in similar role.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about non-profit program management.
- Passion for gender equality, global maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, and meaningful youth engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively with consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce and Concur a plus.
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, if needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.