Manager, External Relations (Governments and Foundations)
Location: New York City
Posted: June 2020
Priority Deadline: July 31, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Manager is responsible for developing concept notes, proposals, and reports for Government and Foundation funders. The Manager will work in close partnership and collaboration with all program teams, and key focal points within Finance & Administration, OOP/COO, and Legal Affairs. The Manager will serve as the focal point for a select group of Government and Foundation funding partners. The Manager will help support the organization’s priority to build and increase funding, utilizing a partnership approach. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager, External Relations, and will work closely with the External Relations team including the Managing Director who leads the team in strategy and donor engagement.
- Oversees processes for all funding submissions including concept notes, proposals, and reports, ensuring the multi-team processes are efficient, inclusive, and timely.
- Drafts and edits concept notes, funding proposals, frameworks, reports, and other written material specifically targeted for funders and partners.
- Serves as focal point with a select group of Government and Foundation partners through all phases of the funding cycle and represents the organization.
- Maintains all key deadlines and trackers including grants tracker, funding deadlines, reporting deadlines, pipeline, etc.
- Supports the development of budgets, financial reports, pipeline, and other key materials working closely with the Finance team.
- Works closely in partnership with Program teams to build capacity in proposal development and donor reporting
- Working with the Program Quality and Compliance team to support the development of Results-Based Management Frameworks in close collaboration with program teams for donor proposals and reports.
- Conducts research on prospects and other opportunities for new funding, with emphasis on institutional funding partners including analysis of trends in the donor and partnership landscape.
- Supports the mapping of partners’ areas of interest, programs, and priorities and develop cross-cutting frame or lenses that aligns these interests with the Women Deliver strategic plan.
- Manages correspondence with selected partners and develops donor briefs for key senior staff.
- Manages Salesforce interactions for institutional funders.
- Supports management of interns and consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- 6-8 years of experience working for an international non-profit organization, UN agency, or globally focused foundation in a similar role.
- Proven success in writing various components of funding submissions and reports.
- Experience working inclusively with team members to build results-based management frameworks, grounded in an organizations’ theory of change, and ensure alignment with multiple funding partners.
- Experience in institutional fundraising, ideally with institutional foundations and European Governments.
- Understanding of gender equality, advocacy, and international development preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to produce top quality work in a short period of time.
- Experience in conducting donor research –institutional, foundations, and private sector donors and overall donor landscapes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management experience (skilled in systems).
- Ability to thrive in high profile environments supporting key program ambassadors, dignitaries, and other honored people with maturity and discretion.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.