Location: Flexible, with the ability to take meetings during core EST hours as established by Women Deliver
Status: Part-time (16 hours per week), Temporary (April 2023 - July 2023)
Posted Date: March 9, 2023
Priority Deadline: March 24, 2023 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
About Women Deliver: Women Deliver is a global feminist advocacy organization that demands the full suite of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all people, everywhere. Led by and representative of feminist movements in low- and middle-income countries, we focus on adolescent girls — both in terms of our impact and commitment to putting young people in the driver’s seat of decision-making.
We create spaces for collective action on SHRH and gender equality, championing and supporting youth advocacy, and convening likeminded organizations. In everything we do, we aim to shift power into the hands of those closest to and living the challenges that girls face. Their expertise and lived experiences are vital to our collective struggle.
About Women Deliver 's Communications
When it feels like every day starts with a bad news story, our communications remind our audience that hope is real and change is possible. We reinforce the fact that progress toward justice and gender equality can and does happen every day when feminists and feminist organizations come together to address harmful norms, laws, and policies worldwide. We are angry about injustice and recognize that change takes time, but remain positive about our collective power to drive progress.
Jargon has no place in our messaging. We’re focused on making all of our communications as easily understandable and transparent as possible, and never pretending to be something that we’re not in the lifelong process of being antiracist and anticolonialist in everything we do. Our communications get loud about inequity, while also focusing on how we can work together to come up with lasting solutions.
While the issues that we’re working to address are serious, our communications, particularly to younger audiences, are funny, fresh, and current. We stay in the know about what’s trending, and leverage popular culture to capture people’s attention and increase their interest in gender equality and SRHR.
Women Deliver’s communications team seeks a fellow to support content creation for institutional communications needs and the upcoming Women Deliver 2023 Conference. This will include creating Conference-related content for WD’s social media channels and WD2023.org, as well as creating social media and website content for WD’s institutional priorities between March and July 2023.
- Social media support: Drafting social media copy for Women Deliver’s platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn). Support with content scheduling and uploading, as needed.
- In-house design needs: Create simple graphics and design elements for social media and various products via Canva, following Women Deliver brand guidelines.
- Writing support: Draft content, as needed, for multiple platforms including: digital content, website copy/content, blogs, and social media posts
- Website management: Upload content to WD2023.org and support troubleshooting, as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge for ALL Focal Positions:
- Experience creating content for social media platforms.
- Experience with or ability to learn design programs or software.
- Experience with content management systems and website management.
- Ability to write compelling content for a variety of platforms.
How to Apply
Send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the position title in the subject line. If applying for more than one position, include the positions in the body of your e-mail
- Ensure that any files submitted include your full name