Associate, Digital Communications
Location: New York City
Posted: May 2019
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment–political and financial –in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Associate provides day to day support on the Communications Team focused on digital media including social media, online engagement and analytics, development of graphics, and researching new digital tools and platforms. The Associate reports to the Senior Manager, Communications.
- Create, update, and maintain content and community engagement across all Women Deliver social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, and YouTube
- Design editorial calendars, posting schedules, and social media toolkits around priority milestones for Women Deliver
- Plan and implement creative social media campaigns including Twitter chats, social media takeovers, Facebook Live conversations, hashtag launches, quizzes, contests, etc.
- Identify trends and insights, adjusting strategies to accelerate audience growth, engagement, and sentiment
- Meet regularly with Communications leads for other departments to align on organizational goals and strategies
- Develop, measure, and report on the performance of digital campaigns and other online content – monthly at minimum
- At least twice a year, conduct social media trainings and communicate best practices to the wider team
- Run paid social media campaigns – including strategizing and executing on platform, audience, duration, and spend
- Advise on digital and social media strategy to partners outside of Women Deliver via webinars, trainings, materials review, etc.
- Stay up to date with emerging digital technologies and social media best practices; advise on adoption
Website, Newsletter, & Editorial
- Draft, copyedit, and review content for all digital platforms
- Update website content via CMS, optimize the performance of website SEO, and participate in UX/UI brainstorms
- Co-lead Google Ad Grants account – set strategy, test keywords, manage budget, and adjust according to performance and organizational goals
- Prepare newsletter content – copy and visuals – and suggest A/B tests
- Pitch ideas and occasionally author or ghostwrite blogs, maintain website and Medium blog interfaces
- Support the ideation, drafting, and publishing of Women Deliver storytelling and content gathering projects – can include written word, audio recordings, video recordings, photo essays, or a combination
- Analyze website and newsletter engagement data to inform future communications decisions
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required in Media, Communications, Digital marketing, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; prior experience in digital/social media strategy preferred
- Demonstrated success driving audience growth and engagement for an organization, including social media, website, and newsletter
- Expertise in analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social, etc.
- Strong social-specific writing skills; including the ability to translate in-depth stories or complicated data into shareable social posts and headlines
- Experience with website CMS – specifically WordPress
- Experience with newsletter platforms – specifically MailChimp
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, including visual media recording and editing skills
- Expertise in and passion for gender equality, international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women a plus
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented
- A collaborative spirit and the ability to work with colleagues across all levels – from interns, to peers, to executives
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Language skills (specifically French and/or Spanish) preferred
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship