Virginia Maria Barchiesi
- Age: 19
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
We, young women, are not only the leaders of tomorrow but active members of today's society. We have to be granted our place at decision-makers' tables because our voices count.
- Virginia Maria Barchiesi
Virginia Maria Barchiesi was born and raised in Italy. She is a student of political sciences at SciencesPo Paris, specializing in Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean studies. Virginia is a UNICEF volunteer, Youth Advisor at the Townhall Peace Committee, Voices of Youth Blogger, UNICEF Regional Representative, and a member of the EU Youth Sounding Board for International Partnerships.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
My pursuit for gender equality started as soon as I realized gender inequality existed in our society. Our system is broken, and it's up to us to fix it.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I organized children's rights workshops for young refugee and migrant girls in my local elementary school. These courses aimed at empowering the young girls and making them aware of their rights.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
In my spare time, I love reading, traveling (before COVID-19 broke out), playing tennis, and going out with my friends.
- English (Advanced/Native)
- French (Advanced/Native)
- Italian (Advanced/Native)
- Arabic (Intermediate)
- Russian (Elementary)
- meaningful youth engagement
- peace and security
- migrant and refugee rights
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- WYA Certified Programme Training Course by Alfiere della Repubblica (2020)
- After the Arab Spring, Democratic Aspirations and State Failure Online Course from the University of Copenhagen
- UNICEF Volunteer and Youth Advocacy Training
- Sciences Po Pre-College Programme Summer School in Social Sciences