Nataliia (Natasha) Osina
- Age: 20
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
Creating a world where everyone has equal opportunities is in our hands. We, young people, should take a lead and get across our progressive vision of present and future because the decisions we make do accelerate social change.
- Nataliia (Natasha) Osina
Nataliia (Natasha) Osina was born and raised in Russia. She graduated from Samara Medical Technical Lyceum in 2020. Natasha is a Samara Youth House volunteer, Greenpeace Russia Wildfire Mapping volunteer, international volunteer at the environmental organization Nature Friends of Marburg, Germany, Victory Social Movement member, and Coursera Translators Community member.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
I had not entirely realized the importance of advocacy for rights of girls and women until the criminal case featuring the Khachaturian sisters, girls of my age, drew public attention. Assistance in bringing about the world where self defense is not a crime and domestic or gender-based violence is prosecuted has become my desire since then.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
I’m just starting the advocacy journey and do not have any grand wins to be proud of yet.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
Practicing yoga, reading, and bullet journaling.
- Russian (Advanced/Native)
- English (Intermediate)
- German (Elementary)
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- Prize-winner in the finals of the All-Russian Social Studies Competition for high school students (2019)
- Becoming a Changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation Course from the University of Cape Town (Online)
- Feminism and Social Justice Course from the University of California, Santa Cruz (Online)
- Act on Climate: Steps to Individual, Community, and Political Action Course from the University of Michigan (Online)
- Member of the Social Scientists Club at the Gifted Youth Centre