- Age: 28
- | She/her/hers
Country of Origin:
Country of Residence:
I believe that operating at the grassroots level is key to overcome any challenges the world faces. Change should come from bottom to top not the other way around. Thus, the time has come for young leaders to build a better world for all.
- Dinah Jaber
Dinah Jaber was born and raised in Palestine. She received a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature from Birzeit University in 2015. As Program Officer at Palestinian International Cooperation Agency, Dinah is responsible for following up on projects focusing on SDG 5, liaising with various national partners for cooperation within the framework of SSC, assisting in building partnerships and cooperation programs, producing reports and policy papers, and organizing and ensuring the smooth running of departmental events.
Additionally, she is a Right to Education Campaign volunteer, Think of Others Campaign volunteer, and Palestine Arab Studies Program volunteer.
What ignited your pursuit for gender equality?
Living under occupation which intersects with a traditional patriarchal gender order creates traumatizing impacts on Palestinian women. This has for so long belittled women's ability to bring about change in our community and the world. These main reasons have constantly ignited my passion to pursue gender equality.
Please share your biggest wins as an advocate for gender equality.
Building a community-based initiative entitled Edwomen to raise awareness among women and men alike about the danger of violence against women in our community. We organized vocational training targeting women and men in the form of lectures, discussions, and activities and positively utilized social media platforms.
Outside of your gender equality advocacy work, what do you enjoy doing?
I love working out to get any negative energy away. I also love reading, coloring, and practicing my French language skills.
- access to education
- male engagement
Past Awards, Certifications, or Fellowships:
- UN Catalytic Support to South-South & Triangular Cooperation in Implementing the 2030 Agenda at UNSSC HQ (2019)
- Practical Aspects of Diplomatic Affairs course at Folke Bernadotte Academy (2019)
- Professional Improvement of Young Diplomats course at Ministry of Commerce in China (2018)
- Fulbright Language Teaching Assistantship (2017-2018)
- Jerusalem Fund Internship (2017-2018)
- Presenter at International Development Youth Forum (2017)
- Young Leaders Program Mentee at New York University and Champlain College (2016)