Associate, Social Media Communications
Location: New York City
Posted: March 2020
Priority Deadline: May 1, 2020 (rolling application review thereafter)
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
The Associate provides day to day support on the Communications Team’s digital media efforts, primarily social media, online engagement, analytics, paid social, and researching new social media tools and platforms. The Associate reports to the Senior Associate, Digital Communications.
Social Media (90%):
- Create, update, and maintain content and community engagement across all Women Deliver social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, and YouTube
- Publish a consistent stream of original and partner content to optimize audience engagement, growth, and retention, in order to mobilize around Women Deliver’s advocacy objectives
- Co-create editorial calendars, posting schedules, and workplans
- Create social media toolkits around priority milestones for Women Deliver; Assist in targeted outreach to circulate toolkits, including via social media specialists at partner organizations
- Concept and implement creative social media campaigns including Twitter chats, social media takeovers, Facebook Live conversations, hashtag launches, quizzes, contests, etc.
- Manage paid social media campaigns: Strategize on content, CTA, platform, audience, duration, and spend; Regularly adjust according to performance
- Conduct social media influencer/stakeholder mapping, conceptualize an influencer strategy for the organization, and help implement
- Strategically align the social media output of Women Deliver’s youth-focused handles
- Strategically align the social media output of President/CEO and other key stakeholders on staff; Regularly provide content and advise on best practices
- Meet regularly with the Communications leads for other departments to prioritize, adjust, and execute campaigns
- Help develop social media KPIs; regularly measure and report on the performance of Women Deliver’s channels and campaigns (monthly at minimum)
- Identify trends and insights, adjusting strategies to accelerate audience growth, engagement, and positive sentiment; Explore new conversations for Women Deliver to embark on in the social media space while preserving the organizational brand voice and advocacy aims
- Stay up to date with emerging digital technologies, new social media platforms (i.e. WhatsApp, TikTok), and social media best practices; Advise on their adoption
- Advise on social media strategy to internal staff and partners outside of Women Deliver via webinars, in-person trainings, materials review, etc.
Digital Communications Backstopping (10%):
- Update website content via CMS, optimize the performance of website SEO, and participate in UX/UI brainstorms
- Prepare newsletter content (copy and visuals), suggest A/B tests, suggest click-to-tweets, and assist in growth strategy
- Help manage Google AdWords Grant; Test keywords, manage budget, and adjust according to performance and organizational goals
- At times, analyze website and newsletter engagement data, alongside social media
- Conduct various research projects (vendors, software, trends) to inform future digital communications decisions
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS in Media, Communications, Digital marketing, or a related field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience; prior experience in digital/social media preferred
- Demonstrated success driving audience growth and engagement, specifically via social media
- Strong social-media-specific writing skills; including the ability to translate in-depth stories or complicated data into shareable posts and headlines
- Experience with social media scheduling tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, TweetDeck, etc.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook insights, etc.
- Experience in project management tools such as Trello, Asana, etc. preferred
- Experience with website CMS (specifically WordPress) preferred
- Experience with newsletter platforms (specifically MailChimp) preferred
- Experience with social listening tools (Kissmetrics, Netbase, Meltwater Engage) a plus
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva) a plus
- Photography and videography recording and editing skills a plus
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to apply creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent judgement, especially in regards to brand voice and integrity
- A collaborative spirit and the ability to work with colleagues across all levels – from interns, to peers, to executives
- Passion for gender equality, international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Language skills (specifically French and/or Spanish) highly preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship