Assistant, Finance & Administration
Location: New York City
Posted: September 2018
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment–political and financial –in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of Position:
This is an administrative position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s Finance & Administration team. The Assistant will provide broad administrative support to both the Director and Senior Manager, Finance as well as the overall team. The assistant will also serve as core backup to the Office Administrator.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for the Finance & Administration team.
- Supports WD2019 Conference projects including sponsorship and scholarship processing, gathering receipts, large reconciliation projects, and assists in the conference audit as needed.
- Properly files, scans, and maintains accounting and finance records; proactively works to develop and maintain integrity of file systems; tracks and maintains contracts.
- Supports reconciliation of all American Express accounts against Concur expense management system and tracks receipts.
- Assists in the setup of new employee profiles in Women Deliver’s various systems.
- Supports entering and posting financial data in QuickBooks.
- Works closely and provides back up to focal point for AP, including inputting new vendor and invoice information, and AR, including issuing sponsor invoices.
- Generates bank deposits, distributes payroll checks, supports timesheet coding, and assists in month end reporting procedures.
- Serves as first line backup to the office manager including ordering supplies, covering the front desk, setting up conference rooms and technology for large meetings, and provides logistical support during large events hosted in the Women Deliver offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting or finance concentration preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in similar role (including internships).
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks highly preferred.
- Knowledge of ADP or Concur preferred.
- Passion for gender equality issues preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.