Location: New York City
Posted: July 2019
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment–political and financial –in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s dynamic Communications team. The Assistant supports all logistical aspects of the Communications Team spanning the upkeep of websites, newsletters, media relations, budgets, MEL, and events. The Assistant reports to the Senior Communications Manager and works closely with the other members of the Communications team.
- Provide essential operational support for Women Deliver’s Communications work and team including vendor communication, research projects, data entry/data cleaning, file management, and project management.
- Provide website maintenance, including daily updating of content and analyzing metrics.
- Provide support for newsletters, including sourcing and populating content, tracking and analyzing engagement, and providing technical support.
- Provide support for social media, including drafting posts, adding to follow lists, tracking and analyzing engagement.
- Provide support for traditional media, including journalist research, media monitoring, including compiling a weekly news bulletin for all staff.
- Provide copyediting for general Communications materials.
- Assist with event logistics: pre- and post-communications, vendor research & relations, setup duties, RSVP management, and production timelines.
- Serve as point person for translation services.
- Serve as point person for Salesforce administration on the Communications team: Input and pull data for team members.
- Serve as coordinator for departmental budget: Manage invoicing, expense tracking, and expense forecasting.
- Serve as coordinator for MEL (monitoring, evaluation, and learning): Help the team effectively track and report on indicators associated with various grants.
- Serve as first point of contact between other departments and Communications requests/questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 0-3 years of relevant experience (including internships) ideally in communications
- Passion for gender equality, global development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and other issues that Women Deliver advocates for
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct assigned work independently
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Creativity and a proclivity for group brainstorms
- Familiarity with Box preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Familiarity with MailChimp or another newsletter management preferred
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or another social scheduling/reporting service preferred
- Familiarity with Meltwater or another media monitoring service preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Language skills preferred
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship