Youth Resource Center
Developed by youth-led and youth-serving organizations, the following resources provide information and guidance on youth-specific issues related to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents: A Practical Toolkit for Young People to Advocate for Improved Adolescent Health and Wellbeing. Developed by the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) and Women Deliver, this toolkit provides a practical roadmap to advocate for adolescent health, rights, and wellbeing.
- Meaningful Youth Engagement Discussion Paper: In the lead-up to the 2016 conference, Women Deliver consulted with 600 young people to determine what needs to be done to improve the engagement of young people in advocacy for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Respecting, Protecting, and Fulfilling Our Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: A Toolkit for Young Leaders: This toolkit provides information and guidance to help Young Leaders become an impactful, expert advocate for SRHR. It highlights important aspects of SRHR and provides numerous additional resources to build your knowledge and capacity to take action. Developed by Women Deliver.
- Advancing the sexual and reproductive health and rights of adolescent girls and young women: A focus on safe abortion in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: The publication includes explanations of how specific goals and targets within the development agenda apply to women’s right to safe abortion, as well as specific recommendations for how to hold governments accountable to these goals. Developed by Youth Working Group members Ipas and Advocates for Youth.
- Clinic Assessment of Youth Friendly Service: This tool helps program managers and clinicians determine the extent to which current reproductive health services are youth-friendly. Developed by Youth Working Group members Pathfinder International and Management Sciences for Health (MSH).
- Thinking Outside the Separate Space: A decision-making tool for designing youth-friendly services: This is a decision-making tool to guide program designers in selecting and adapting appropriate youth-friendly service delivery model(s) based on the country context, target population, desired behavioral and health outcomes, SRH services to be offered, and needs and objectives for scalability and sustainability. Developed by the Evidence to Action Project (E2A), led by Youth Working Group member Pathfinder International.
- Respect My Rights, Respect My Dignity Human Rights Education module: This module on sexual and reproductive rights is the third in a series of human rights education resources for young people. It is designed to be used by and with young people and youth activists as they support their peers through individual and collective journeys of reflection, critical analysis and action. Developed by Youth Working Group member Amnesty International.
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Visions, Voices, and Priorities of Young People Living With and Affected By HIV: In this report, young people from around the world living with and most affected by HIV champion their vision for realizing and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and setting their priorities for HIV and SRHR integration. Developed by the Link Up project of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, ATHENA Network, and Youth Working Group member Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GYCA).
- Included Involved Inspired: A Framework for Youth Peer Education Programs: This toolkit provides a youth peer education program framework that promotes the benefits of youth participation through peer education guides us through planning, preparation, implementation and evaluation describes best practice provides tools to support the process of managing peer education places young people at the center of all the processes. Developed by Youth Working Group member International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).