Program Assistant, Policy and Advocacy
Location: New York City
Posted: December 2017
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Summary of the Position:
This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s dynamic Policy and Advocacy team. The Assistant supports all logistical aspects of the Policy and Advocacy program and team.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for the policy and advocacy work and team.
- Assists with meeting and event planning (both domestic and international), including working with staff, consultants and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans and travel logistics as needed.
- Manages policy and advocacy team logistics and programming related to the Women Deliver Conference.
- Supports media monitoring and keeps apprised of evidence and case studies related to Women Deliver’s advocacy issues.
- Assists in drafting meeting notes, presentations, toolkits and other advocacy materials.
- Helps to develop materials and coordinate logistics for advocacy trainings for partners and key stakeholders.
- Supports Salesforce and serves as liaison to the Finance and Accounting team related to budgeting, expenses and other administrative matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 0-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in similar role.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about non-profit program management.
- Passion for gender equality, global maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively with consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics a plus.
- Native or advanced Spanish or French language skills preferred.