Associate, Digital Communications
Location: New York City
Posted: December 2017
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages, and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress, particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights.
Summary of the Position:
The Associate provides day to day support on the Communications Team focused on digital media including social media, online engagement and analytics, development of graphics, and researching new digital tools and platforms. The Associate reports to the Manager, Communications.
- Create, update and maintain content across all Women Deliver social media platforms
- Develop and execute strategies to accelerate audience growth, engagement, and traffic from established and emerging social platforms
- Develop, measure, and report on the performance of digital campaigns and other online content
- Identify trends and insights to grow the Women Deliver online community
- Evaluate emerging technologies and new digital channels; provide leadership and perspective for adoption when appropriate
- Create online editorial calendars and schedules
- Analyze engagement data (Google, social reports, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advising on editorial strategies
- Stay up to date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Plan and implement social media projects including campaigns, Twitter chats, etc.
- Manage relationships with key digital partners and stakeholders
- Copyedit and review all web content
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required in Media, Communications, Digital marketing, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; prior experience in digital/social media strategy preferred
- Demonstrated success driving audience growth for an organization, including experience in the management of social media and SEO optimization
- Expertise in web analytics platforms such as Google, Twitter, etc.
- Strong social-specific writing ability; including the ability to translate in-depth stories into shareable social posts and headlines
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, including visual media editing skills
- Expertise in and passion for gender equality, international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women a plus
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship